What is individual therapy?
Individual counselling, also known as one-on-one counselling or therapy, is a form of psychological or emotional support in which a trained therapist or counsellor meets with a single client to address their personal, emotional, behavioural, or mental health concerns.
This type of counselling involves a confidential and collaborative relationship between the client and the therapist, with the goal of helping the client better understand themselves, their challenges, and develop strategies to cope with or overcome their difficulties.
Who is it for?
Individual therapy can be beneficial for a wide range of people who are experiencing various challenges, emotional difficulties, or mental health issues. Here are some areas our therapists can help and support you further:
- Individuals with Mental Health Conditions: Individuals with depression, anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, or post-traumatic stress disorder, personality disorders, ADHD…)
- Stress and Anxiety: Individuals experiencing high levels of stress, generalised anxiety, panic attacks, or phobias can learn stress-reduction techniques and coping strategies in therapy.
- Relationship Issues: Individuals experiencing difficulties in their personal relationships, whether it’s with a partner, family member, or friend.
- Those Dealing with Trauma: Individuals who have experienced trauma, including childhood abuse, accidents, or traumatic events, may benefit from trauma-focused therapy.
- Self-Esteem and Self-Identity: Some individuals struggle with self-esteem issues, body image concerns, or a lack of self-confidence. Individual therapy can help them build self-awareness and self-acceptance.
- Grief and Loss: Individuals coping with the death of a loved one or other significant losses can find support and guidance in therapy to navigate the grieving process.
- Eating Disorders: People dealing with eating disorders like anorexia, bulimia, or binge eating disorder can benefit from specialised therapy to address their relationship with food, body image, and emotional issues.
- Identity Exploration and LGBTQIA+ Counselling: Some individuals may seek therapy to explore and better understand their identity, including issues related to gender identity, sexual orientation, and cultural or racial identity.
How does it work?
If you wanna attend any of our counselling sessions we would kindly ask you to fill out the form so we can determine how we can best assist you and connect you with the right counsellor match
You will then be connected to your counsellor in next 24 hours and offered first appointment for free-so called Discovery Session
Discovery session is scheduled from your counsellor’s side and it is a short 15-20 minutes online call. Purpose of the discovery call is for you and your counsellor to get to know each other, set up realistic expectations, and agree on a frequency and therapeutic approach.
If you decide to proceed you will be offered to sign a consent (privacy) form and you will be informed regarding payment details.
Your first full time session can be done online/in person, in agreement with our counsellor
If you would like to set up a discovery call with another counsellor, and then decide, worry not as you are eligible for another free call. Just email us and we will send you information about next available person
What is required to make it work?
Successful individual therapy is a collaborative process between the client and the therapist, and it may involve trial and error to find the right therapist and approach.
Clients are encouraged to communicate openly with their therapist about their needs and concerns to ensure that therapy is productive and supportive of their personal growth and well-being.
Some of the factors that contribute to successful therapy process are between therapist and client are:
Trust and Rapport: A strong therapeutic alliance built on trust and rapport is essential.
Desire for Change: The client should have a genuine desire to make positive changes in their life, whether it’s addressing mental health issues, personal growth, or achieving specific goals.
Motivation to Attend Sessions: Consistent attendance and active participation in therapy sessions are crucial for progress.
Clear Goals and Objectives:
Identifying clear, achievable therapy goals and objectives is important. Clients should work with their therapist to establish what they hope to accomplish through therapy.
Open and Honest Communication:
Self-Disclosure: Clients should be willing to share their thoughts, feelings, and experiences honestly and openly with their therapist.
Feedback: Providing feedback to the therapist about the therapy process and the client’s needs is important for tailoring the treatment approach.
Patience and Persistence:
Clients should understand that therapy is a process that may take time. Progress may not always be linear, and setbacks can occur.
Persistence: Even when facing challenges or setbacks, it’s important to continue working through them and not give up on therapy prematurely.
Participation in Therapy Techniques: Clients should actively engage in therapeutic techniques and exercises recommended by the therapist. This may involve practicing new coping skills, challenging negative thought patterns, or exploring past experiences.
Confidentiality and Trust:
Confidentiality: Clients should trust that the therapist will keep their discussions confidential, with some legal and ethical exceptions
Clients should feel safe in expressing their thoughts and emotions without fear of judgement or reprisal.
Feedback and Adaptation:
Ongoing Assessment: The therapist should regularly assess the client’s progress and adapt the treatment plan as needed.
How long does the session last and how much do I need to pay?
Each session lasts 50 minutes and partner sessions lasts up to 90 minutes. Sessions can be done online or in person, depending on agreement with your counsellor.
Price for our counselling sessions for employed individuals is from 1300-2000 CZK/session, while for student is 900 CZK(upon showing valid ISIC card from Czech Universities)
Appointments that are missed or cancelled with less than 48 hours’ notice will be charged in full.
Please send us direct email on: firstname.lastname@example.org or via WhatsApp +420608573256