What can therapy offer for child and teenager?
Therapy offers children a safe and compassionate space to explore and work through psychological, emotional, social, and other difficulties.
Therapy aims to alleviate emotional distress and helps children and adolescents:
- Build confidence and self-esteem
- Improve motivation and accomplishment
- Develop coping techniques and strategies to deal with stress
- Become aware of, understand and process their emotions
- Cope with acute stress
- Develop social and emotional resources
What is the benefit of therapy?
Therapy can be beneficial for any child or adolescent who is going through a difficult period in their life and need someone to provide gentle guidance and support. That is to say that your child does not have to be officially diagnosed with a mental health disorder to go to therapy. If you, as a parent, have noticed sudden changes in your child’s behaviour (anger, sadness, withdrawal, inattention etc.) it could be a sign that your child might need our support.
Who Are Our Clients?
Children and adolescents coming to therapy experience a wide range of difficulties that interfere with their daily lives and well-being, such as:
- Struggles with anxiety, intense anger, depression, fear
- Sleep problems
- Family conflicts, parental divorce, and difficult life transitions
- School stress
- Disordered eating behaviours
How long does it last?
Typically, a therapy session runs 30-50 minutes long, depending on the child’s age and their capacity to engage in therapy.
Our psychologists Marta Fiserova, Kristyna Seniglova and Somayeh Makian are available for consultations with children and teenagers. If you want to read more about them check: https://pragueintegration.cz/our-team/
Click here for the registration form