Seeing your child or teenager going through difficult situations, dealing with emotions, or being challenged with something you do not know how to support them with can leave you, as a parent, feeling overwhelmed and helpless.
To help your child or teen navigate their life challenges, seeking help from a mental health professional might be the first step you want to explore.
At its core, counselling provides children with the skills and methods necessary to manage their emotions and navigate stressful situations.
It promotes a higher level of self-esteem and self-confidence, can improve social skills, and works to ease the transition between stages of life.
Some of the benefits of children and teenager counselling are:
- Build confidence and self-esteem
- Improvement of motivation and accomplishment
- Development of coping techniques and strategies to deal with stress
- Raising awareness, developing understanding, and processing their emotions
- Coping with acute stress
- Development social and emotional resources
Child and adolescent mental health issues can also take a toll on the family as a whole.
Parents may feel unequipped to help their child, and broken communication causes more familial rifts than it fixes. When more family members are involved in a certain situation, family counselling proves beneficial. While a child or teenager receives counselling, parents or guardians receive assistance in helping them understand what their child is going through, and how best to help them.
Children and adolescents coming to therapy experience a wide range of difficulties that interfere with their daily lives and well-being, such as:
- Struggles with anxiety, intense anger, depression, fear
- Sleep problems
- Family conflicts, parental divorce, and difficult life transitions
- School stress and bullying
- Disordered eating behaviours
The Prague Integration team is here to offer our support by providing affordable, quality mental health counselling for your child or teenager. Our counsellors Marta, Somayah and Eliska will help guide and support both you and your child every step of the way.